Best used SLR for ‘newbie’ D7000, 7100, 7200, 7500 or other?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP DTA Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: Best used SLR for ‘newbie’ D7000, 7100, 7200, 7500 or other?

Tom_N wrote:

Autonerd wrote:

DTA wrote:

I liked the feel of the Nikon and at the time it felt better in the hand than the Canon which is why I’ve asked about the Nikons but I am open to a switch

Cue the non-informed answer!

I haven't shot with any of these cameras (SFX: sad trombone) but it was the line above that inspired me to reply. If your aim is to grow your skill set, starting with a camera you know and feel comfortable and familiar with is your best bet.

Based on the D7100 review and the D7200 review, I'd say that it might be worth looking at one of them. From a user perspective, they're improved versions of the D7000.

Both feature upgraded auto-focus systems with more cross-focus type focus points than the D7000 has – and with the ability to focus in lower light. Between the D7000 / D7100, and the D7200, the latter is better for anyone intending on doing burst shooting of Raws.

There's also the D7500 . All of these cameras are great for still photo shooters (although video shooters might be best served with other DSLRs, or with mirrorless cameras).

Thanks Tom,

Video is not so important for me. I have done a bit more reading and it seems the buffer on the d7200 may be quite a bit larger than the 7100

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
Bob
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow