STARTING A STUDIO FOR PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY IDEAS.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andreascy
Andreascy Contributing Member • Posts: 879
STARTING A STUDIO FOR PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY IDEAS.

Hello. First i want to say that i post similar question in the past so forgive me about this.

With this new post i been in different path, maybe a little more mature about this and it will be helpful for any people participating to the discussion always in polite way.

I am thinking for long time now to make some product photography studio and to start some way to earning some money. i would say that my photographic skills are more than basic , and i have some fair ( good enough)  knowledge to photoshop. I already home some equipment for studio photography, like backdrop, softboxes, flashes , stands , some reflective surfaces , triggers. This equipment i bought slowly slowly one by one. But  i am finding my self to have the wrong equipment / or lets say not the right equipment to make the things more easy for me. I have 3 different flashes, 3 different softboxes, i have difficulty to change the settings of the flash each time, because the flash is inside the softbox, i missed some C stands to hold things or to help me etc.

Lets say have wrong equipment or have equipment that makes the situation difficult you consume enough time to set the lights to get the correct lights , to much the lights and to take the photo, and in the end all this it makes you getting tired and not happy.

In the case i will make product photography to earn some money first thing i need to have equipment that is easy to setup and have the stands or materials that will help me with easy to make the shot.  For this reason i was thinking  to spend around 500 euro to but a starting equipment that i will feel confident enough to start. First of all i dont want to spend crazy amount because at this time i am not getting any money from photography . Second , my area there is not specific product photographers. Most of the photographers shops are just photographers for weddings - " easy" way for getting money. About the gear , i was thinking about neewer products and the reason is that they can ship here in a very good price with free shipping and without any import taxes. So spending around 500 euro i can get 3 neewer N300W strobes, 3 big softboxes. and 1-2 C stands and maybe a smaller studio box with leds 60x60cm. I am not sure yet about this box but for small items it will be much more easier than setting all the equipment . i have already some reflective surfaces , like white , and black,  need also to buy some not reflective like glass or transparent box. After prepapare my equipment i can do some sample product shots , i can create a facebook or instagram advertisement page .

Sorry if my post is too long, but i wanted to express my idea and my thoughts about this idea. My post is not only about equipment. for example i dont want members to suggest me to buy strobes that worth 1000 euro or more for example because i cant at the moment. The reason i am going with strobes is becaues i want to be more flexible in light, also to use bigger softboxes, and also for the modeling light.

Thank you

Andreascy's gear list:Andreascy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow