If you could ask Nikon for 3 Z DX lenses...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Rohith Thumati Contributing Member • Posts: 671
Re: If you could ask Nikon for 3 Z DX lenses...

A couple assumptions -

• The compact primes are all f/2.8
  • The existing lens roadmap is all delivered, so I don’t need to worry about those
  • We’re trying to be realistic, and high end DX kit isn’t, given Nikon is pushing FX down market. it seems clear to me that the ZX0 line is and will be about entry level product, something that can lead to people buying further up the chain, and/or can be a compact/light system (on it’s own or as a compliment a bigger FX kit).

Assuming that, I’d want:

• a wide angle DX zoom makes a ton of sense to compliment the existing DX zoom.
  • An FX wide angle compact prime - 16-18. That way we get an affordable, useful wide FX prime that doesn’t duplicate an existing FX focal length (like the 28mm and 40mm compact primes) and a wide-to-normal angle (24-28mm equivalent field of view) for the Z50.
  • a super telephoto DX zoom, 200-400mm or thereabouts.

I think those three lenses (along with the existing lenses and lenses on the roadmap) would deliver a relatively complete, affordable DX system that hits those goals.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow