Good alternative grip for ROS RP

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SteveinLouisville
SteveinLouisville Regular Member • Posts: 182
Re: Good alternative grip for ROS RP

I have the Canon grip extension for the RP. Pricey, yes, but it fits perfectly and improves the grip, particularly with front heavy lenses, like the EF 24-105 f4.0L or 70-200 f4.0L.

However, I bought a third party grip extension with a 2 battery capacity because it has a second, vertical, shutter button and, of course, two batteries. It improves handling too, but the camera is now a full size DSLR type camera. Not a bad thing, but sort of undercuts the small size of the RP.

I use the two battery grip if I am going to be shooting big lenses a lot, but the Canon grip extension stays on the camera 90% of the time. I haven't used the RP without a grip of some kind since I bought the canon grip extension.  Here is the 2 battery grip I bought.  It fits, it works.  The shutter cord can be positioned so it doesn't interfere with the LCD.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZLP128B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow