Inkjet flatness

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hhhhhhhh Regular Member • Posts: 177
Inkjet flatness

I have some really old photos shot on film half a century ago, developed with chemicals and they have some depth, almost 3D feel.

I scanned them with my V850, in 2400dpi, print them on my P800 in 600dpi, using epson legacy papers such as platine and baryta, as well as hot press natural from Epson. Amazing quality, yet something is missing.

Ink jet photos are somehow flat comparing to those old photos developed with chemicals. No matter what paper I use, I don't see and feel that depth.

What would be the best way to get that depth from the old photos, yet being able to scan them, retouch them in the computer and put them back on the paper again. I know that nothing digital cannot genuinely replace the feel of photos developed in darkroom, but I'm curious to hear ideas about alternatives to inkjet, or paper, or the whole process.

I hope someone understands what I'm talking about

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow