Sigma SA Mount

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 15,022
Re: Sigma SA Mount

rf-design wrote:

I bought 3/4 of my SA lenses used to significant less than in other mounts. Typical used SA lenses get rare after Sigma decide to left the mount. They state that all new DSLR, not DN, lenses get a SA mount version. But they only release DN versions since.

So my guess is that most SA owners stick with there lenses and the useability increase significant with the SA/E and SA/L mount converters. So you can use SA lenses in two other camera systems. For my own i bought some FF SA lenses only to use them only on a Sony A7 II. They where cheaper than in other mounts. The Sony A7 II AF works better with SA/E converter than the SDQ native with the same lens. The older Sony Nex-6 AF is similar to the SDQ.

I just got two like-new Art lenses in SA mount for a song. I was shocked, when they came and had no scratches or dings on them, and seem to be brand new. They came with zippered, padded cases that look new too, but they did not come in their boxes. Maybe they were sold as used, because the store could not find the boxes, or because the boxes were damaged. I don't mind. I don't plan to sell them. I'll be using them on a Sony A7r IV or an L mount camera some day. For now I use them on my SD Quattro H, and I love the image quality and the ability to shoot with auto-focus again. I plan to get at least one or two more used Art lenses over the next few months. Hopefully I will find similar good deals . . . though I really don't need any more SA-mount lenses. I recently bought an old, used 180mm EX macro in SA mount too, so now I have two macro primes and four zooms in SA mount that I use regularly, as well as a couple of Sigma SA mount zooms that I no longer use (they are for use on cameras with APS-C size sensors).

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow