This thread is locked.
breeze_of_wind
breeze_of_wind Senior Member • Posts: 1,332
Re: K-New - The 90D Problem

MightyMike wrote:

PeterPentax wrote:

breeze_of_wind wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

It will be better, it will have a K-mount on it, that is one way that really matters to most in this forum

Yes it does matter! BUT ..... so too do a few performance factors. I know that you, like many other of us, have been waiting for the day when a Pentax product handled bids in flight, moving athletes, etc with ease and a high number of good keepers.

John

I do not do birds in flight or fast sports photography. But if i did I would have bought another brand of camera long ago. I understand the ability of a camera to perform under these conditions is an imperative for those who do this kind of photography. What I do not understand is why so many are still here on this forum waiting for it to happen.

Some of us have more skill than others and are willing to put more effort into getting the shot than others, some of us know how to work within the limitations and still be successful. That said despite any of what I just wrote, most of us want a better camera that can allow us to do less and get more. I bought Pentax long before I was serious about action/birding photography and I still am not sure I'm super serious about it despite thoroughly enjoying it... even with inferior equipment!

Mike

A great summary of where so many of us find ourselves.

For example, Pentax has a superb 200m macro (a legacy lens -- but one you can still buy on ebay today) and I used it all summer with my K1 -- had great fun.  Just hoping for something better from Pentax that will meet other photo needs I have.

John

breeze_of_wind's gear list:breeze_of_wind's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow