Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
breeze_of_wind
breeze_of_wind Senior Member • Posts: 1,332
Re: K-New - The 90D Problem

Barry Pearson wrote:

Retzius wrote:

Hello all.

Like you I have been patiently awaiting actual specs of the K-New along with a release date.

My question is, do you think the K-New can possibly be better than the Canon 90D in the ways that truly matter?

OVF magnification and the minute contours of the grip are nice but I have spent lots of time shooting with the 90D and for an APS-C camera its quite a package.

Amazing 45 point all cross type AF with iTR tracking and face detection through the OVF, dual pixel AF in live view, 10 fps high speed shooting, front facing flip touch screen, wifi, bluetooth, amazing video features,... I could go on.

I have used the 90D on many sports shoots and quite honestly for non-professional sports at the highest level including college it is more than adequate. Even the weather sealing is great; I have been stuck in quite a few unexpected downpours with it and it suffered no ill effects.

My question is this. Do you think the K-New can beat the 90D in areas that really matter?

And if it can't beat a camera that will already be more than 2 years old once the K-New is finally released, how with they compete in the long term market?

Quick comment: the 90D doesn't have IBIS. The K-New will have IBIS.

Yes IBIS in the Pentax cameras is great, but can the new camera do a great job in catching a small flight of ibis flying toward and then past me.  That is what will count - will my "keepers" go up dramatically!

John

breeze_of_wind's gear list:breeze_of_wind's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow