EOS M50 II added to Canon’s product list

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
DjangoChained Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: EOS M50 II added to Canon’s product list

Zinch wrote:

Some leaks, please! How is thst we don't know anything from the camera yet?!?

I've been thinking and the initial price point of the M50 was 900$ with the kit lens IIRC. That is enough to justify the new sensor. Maybe everything else is the same but with the 32MP sensor and better AF and non cropped 4K. Looking at the market at that price point something like this is needed.

Yeah it's strange. Comparing to how enthusiastically the R5/R6 were "leaked" , I'm expecting a lackluster and disappointing upgrade.

On the other hand: in my mind, the M6 was always the "M5 without the EVF" and the M50 the "M5 with some buttons missing", so maybe we'll get an M6 II with less buttons and an EVF?

But then again, according to Canon nomenclature, M50 has two digits while M6 is single digit (and it's also the only current single digit M) ; therefore M50 < M6, which could mean 24MP for the M50 II and surely no high end features...

BTW Fuji is rumored to release a 1000$ cam with IBIS in October, so an M50 without IBIS and an old sensor would not be competitive IMO.

Somebody please light up a fire, it's time to roast some oracle bones!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow