Those of you who upgraded to the R4..

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
richj20 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,220
Re: Those of you who upgraded to the R4..

crashwins wrote:

Are you happy with it over the R3? I handled my friend's R4 the other day, and I was very pleased with the ergonomics and button layout/feedback: it felt like Sony finally got it right (I'd need a bottomplate, though). The back-button AF has that extra feedback...It'a nice.

That said, it's a lot of cash to upgrade from the R3 when I don't really need the MPs. I wonder about the color, whether it's better or more refined, though I find the color good on the R3 too. What do you think?

Are you dissatisfied enough to want to change? That has always been my rationale. Which explains why I'm still using A7R2.

Mostly nature photography here (landscapes, botany) and I recall the first series I photographed in the Sequoia National Forest, California.

Cattails in winter

And a month later.

I've not seen any better looking images from the R3 or R4 (especially the R4 where I observe annoying noise in a lot of postings around here. )

New features is another matter, and those may be worth the upgrade for you. However, I suggest you sit back and think carefully about what you "need" and how the new features will improve your photography before spending the money!

Best of success in your decision.

- Richard

-- hide signature --
 richj20's gear list:richj20's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Sony a7R II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow