I saw the future! :)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hachu21 Forum Member • Posts: 73
I saw the future! :)

Almost everyone here is wondering if the M line will stay in the long run. I thought about it pretty hard and *boom* I saw the future o_o

Here's what I saw (in my cristal Ball) :

- Canon will release a R7(?) body to replace the good ol' 7D II. Yep! an APSC RF body.
Mag Alloy body, weather sealing, big high res. EVF, dual slot, IBIS, 1/8000 mechanical shutter. All that "real prosumer" spec that actually don't fit with the M line. Let alone the lenses to go with such a beast => RF mount is the way to go.

- The M line will pursue what it's good at : compact, light, affordable yet good IQ range of gear.
This means you'll never see above specs on the M line except, maybe, IBIS.

in my cristal ball, it's the only sensible way forward.
- A 7D-like R7 make totally sense : more reach for those already equipped with the RF/EF lenses. A good "backup body" for the R5/R6 and the likes.
- No way this can happen with a M mount. (price range, lenses, incompatible with RF)
- Still the M is really good for entry to mid range market. Think 4000D to 90D. No way canon will kill it.
- I don't see RF bodies and lenses going this far down-market. Hard economically and difficult to sell from a marketing POV.

So each range has his target and the ice on the cake is : since the mounts are incompatible, if there a bit of overlapping in the 1000/1500€ range, that's not an issue anymore!

No more rebel/EF-S odd position where you have to pay and lift FF lenses on a 500€ body.

You read it here first

Hachu21's gear list:Hachu21's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +6 more
Canon EOS 4000D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Ricoh Caplio R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow