Well i ended up getting an Xt3 to go with my xt30....

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Contributing Member • Posts: 608
Well i ended up getting an Xt3 to go with my xt30....

Annddd its amazing .

I got an xt30 as a hiking camera, kept Canon 800d for big lens and birds. I realised during an experiment that the XT30 was far superior than the DSLR even with the adaptor and same 400mm lens. Really enjoyed it, and my DSLR was so frustrating after that. Stupid button pressing to move the focus point, no manual controls, dark VF, loud shutter.

So i went to the store yesterday and tried out a black used XT3. I must admit, i think the images online don’t do it justice! I also recall holding one a year ago and not being impressed with the grip, but now actually it felt really good. BUT, I also got the vertical grip!

The vertical grip is one my greatest discoveries in photography, it was so good today for battery life, but also portrait orientation shooting comfort and ergonomics.

I went to a nature reserve today to test and had this set up on me:

XT3 + battery grip + fringer + 100-400mm Tamron.       It worked a treat! Used Morris’ AF settings so thanks for that. The AF with the adaptor thankfully worked wonderfully. The viewfinder is large and bright and fast, much better than my rebel DSLR and the XT30 even. The FPS was very useful. Also something i hadn’t realised when buying - the lockable controls are a godsend. On my XT30 i was accidentally at ISO 12000 for some reason, never happened on the XT3.

XT30 + XF 10-24.    This I already know is great, but I actually got some crap on my sensor changing lenses last trip, so two fuji bodies was really great. I pulled this out for the reflections on the still water. Worked well!

All in all, whilst having no money left, very very happy. I think the above two camera setup will be perfect for all nature style shoots.   Just need to sell my DSLR now! Ive been frustrated with the DSLR for a while, hence the changes.

Just got to buy XTransformer now, the big Achilles heel of Fujifilm, as i cant enhance details all the file from a day at 11FPS!

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow