Sigma SA Mount

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Johan Borg Veteran Member • Posts: 3,000
Re: Sigma SA Mount

Lynxo wrote:

Jeffry7 wrote:

Sigma is part of the L-Mount alliance along with Panasonic and Leica. The three have agreed to make cameras and lenses that conform to that standard.

I am guessing that besides the advantage of the alliance, Sigma moved away from the SA Mount because of the flange distance. The SA mount has a DSLR style flange distance and the whole industry is moving to mirrorless.

There is already an adapter for SA Mount lenses to L-Mount bodies. I plan to get one when the time comes so I can continue to use my SA lenses.

Hopefully that adaptor allows full AF, OS, etc... I just checked it on Adorama, some very low reviews when they used it on the Panasonic SH1, maybe software incompatibility.

Most complaints seem to come from people expecting continuous AF (which is hard with DSLR lenses due to contrast detect AF in the camera) and while using lenses from other brands than Sigma (typically Canon, for the EF to L version of this adapter). Neither should be a major concern if you come from a Sigma camera...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow