E-M1 Mk III - CAF + Tracking ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
Brian Wadie Forum Pro • Posts: 10,478
Re: E-M1 Mk III - CAF + Tracking ?

two specific cases where I would say its better, one supported by very similar experiences by a friend who shoots the same subject / locations as me (I still have both bodies so its a pretty good comparison)

Shooting windsurf action off our local beaches using sequential low with CAF+Tr produces many images and one way of "junking" the numbers down was to reject all out of focus shots.

We have both complained that this option is now gone with the Mk3, we just don't seem to get a useful number of OOF images any more, so now have to examine each sequence more closely looking at content and match to objective (coaching, publicity shots, mates wiping out etc) which takes a lot more time

The other, specific to me, is shooting sequences of bees and butterflies in flight, using pro capture low this time. It seems to more consistently track the subject, butterflies in particular, as the fly between and in front of flowers and foliage

As I say, specific examples and I can't comment more generally but for these subjects its always the EM-1 mk3 I reach for. (the 2 is now used for flowers, portraits and the like, so good division of labour )

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R6 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow