A D300 plus sigma lens for my daughter today?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,910
A D300 plus sigma lens for my daughter today?

So im a photographer myself and my daughter also like photography, she has shot with a few different compacts etc before and have the Fuji X-T10. I want her to have a "proper" camera that she can start learning from that will last her a while. I have been looking at the D90 the d300 and D700 since of the proper body plus the price is ok now considering what you get.

I know the D90 is a bit lighter and might suit her as a beginner camera but now had a good deal on a D300 in great condition for 280 EU plus a sigma lens 18-50 f2,8 that is included along with a bag and some straps etc too.

I realize i could get a D700 for almost same price but without the lens, but i feel the D300 might suit her a little better and its also a great camera considering its age.

Would you say its a good deal and a good camera for a beginner but who wants to learn from a real camera?

I know the D7100s etc are out there too with newer technology etc, but i kind of like the idea of a bit more robust camera that only takes great pictures without too much other fluff in it;)

All opinions are welcome.

/martin.

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
Fujifilm X-T10 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow