Sony A7III shutter button failure / warranty repair

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
voronspb
voronspb Senior Member • Posts: 1,958
Sony A7III shutter button failure / warranty repair

My Sony A7III is almost 2.5 years old by now, and several months ago it started making 2 photos at once in single shot mode. Obviously that's caused by unstable contact in shutter button. It wasn't a big deal for me, as it appeared only if pressing the button really slowly.

A few weeks ago the shutter button issue evolved into lack of stable operation in AF-S mode: with shutter button half-pressed, the camera twitched the focus sporadically. It became a real problem for me, as it was like tinkling the shutter button, with sporadical focus freezes.

Yesterday I went to official Sony service (luckily my camera is under extended 3-year warranty), and today I was informed that they'll replace the entire upper body assembly, with all the buttons on the top. Looks like an expensive repair, if done without warranty.

If everything goes well, my camera will return to me in 2 weeks.

It's the second time I take my A7III camera to the service under warranty: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4388534

-- hide signature --

Vladimir Gorbunov

voronspb's gear list:voronspb's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow