I just noticed something

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
BGD300V1
OP BGD300V1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,487
Re: I just noticed something

New Day Rising wrote:

Latest update:

Challenges: The Nikon D5300 that was number 1, is no longer on the list at all. The D40 is now number 1, followed by Olympus OM-D E-M1ii; Canon EOS 7Dii in third. Fourth and fifth are both Sony (a7Riv, a6600). The plucky Nikon 1 V1 continues to hang in there, even moving up a position from 10th to 9th.

Galleries: The breakup continues to be 5 Nikons (1st, 2nd, 5th, 7th, 10th), but now 3 Canons (4th, 6th, 8th), 1 Sony and 1 Olympus. For future reference, the current order in galleries is:

1. Nikon D850
  2. Nikon D500
  3. Olympus OM-D E-M1ii
  4. Canon 5Diii
  5. Nikon D800
  6. Canon 70D
  7. Nikon D750
  8. Canon 7Dii
  9. Sony a7Riv
  10. Nikon D7100.

All challenge entries are added to galleries, whether loaded to the gallery first or loaded directly to the challenge (DPR automatically adds those to galleries. I suspect only challenge entries added to galleries by the user are appearing in both the challenges and galleries list, but I might be wrong about this.

Yes, the galleries are cumulative and the competitions are a transient. If we look at the COVID statistics the challenges would be current cases and the galleries fatalities.

Changing one word in a definition of terms can completely shift the context. For example, the Nikkor Z 24-200 is available but quantities are limited as supply increases it will become generally available (easily obtained),

I recently watched two fellows in suits arguing over a pharmaceutical product in development. One said it would be available this year, the other saying it wouldn't be generally available until next year. Both were telling the truth while calling the other a liar.

Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on
Ob-la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on

-- hide signature --

I'm a photographer, Jim, not a graphic artist!
My photo blog: http://birdsnbugs.com
RF Stock Portfolio - http://www.dreamstime.com/resp129611

BGD300V1's gear list:BGD300V1's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow