Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Autonerd Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

SNBLR wrote:

4. Will start only with wide-angle lens for landscapes. Will add max 1-2 more lens in the future - typically a 70-200 equivalent focal length, plus perhaps (not in the near future) the Sony 200-600 for occasional wildlife.

Not to overcomplicate matters, but... have you considered the Sony 18-55? Its equivalent to (roughly) a 28-85 so good for wide angle, normal and portraits. It's small and light -- not as light as the power-zoom 16-55 but from what I understand its optically a better lens (dunno, haven't tried the 16-55).

I have an a6000 with the 18-55 and 55-210 (bought as a kit years ago) and love it. I take 90% of my pics with the 18-55, and its the size and portability that I love best about the camera. I shoot more film than digital these days but the Sony is the only digicam I've owned that I really love.

If you go to my Flickr page and view the Digital album, all of those were taken with the Sony. The EXIF will tell you which lens but most are the 18-55.

Aaron

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow