Sigma SA Mount

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
GCL Regular Member • Posts: 178
Re: Sigma SA Mount

Lynxo wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. I was really hesitant but ended up buying the SDQ kit. I forget that I bought a camera body that was released 4 years ago.

This alliance with Panasonic and Leica, I don’t quite understand either. Panasonic lens are four thirds type lens, that does not matter? Leica mount, are these are new ‘Leica’ glass lens with autofocus and electronic data coupled?

I understand the crazy long flange part, I thought the SDQ and SDQH are mirrorless, so why add the flange? Not that it matters.

Panasonic's new S line lenses are designed for mirrorless full frame cameras. They are completely different from their M43 lenses.  The L mount alliance is for the new mount that Leica patented and agreed to license with Panasonic for its full frame cameras (S1, S1R, S1H, and new S5). Sigma joined the alliance as well to design its new mirrorless line of lenses around the L mount for access to Panasonic and Leica camera users - as well as its own camera users (the Sigma fp and - hopefully - future full-frame Foveon sensor cameras).

GCL's gear list:GCL's gear list
Ricoh GR III Nikon Z7 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Panasonic S Pro 70-200mm F4 OIS Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow