Does Godox X1N TTL Flash Trigger Set work with Sony flashes

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Bird Photo New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Does Godox X1N TTL Flash Trigger Set work with Sony flashes

sybersitizen wrote:

Bird Photo wrote:

From my understanding this answer is YES but I was struggling to confirm that completely.

Where did you pick up that info?

The X1N system is for Nikon gear.

I copy and pasted the wrong name 😅

My HVL20 just died on me and I'd like to now switch to a radio trigger system. That way I can use both flashes off camera with confidence. I have a HVL 60 and 43 and want to insure if I got this that it would communicate between both flashes and camera.

Look at the Godox triggers and receivers for Sony, like these:

thank you!

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Controller-Bluetooth-Smartphone-Compatible/dp/B07XCWPR35

From my understanding, radio trigger is better than line of sight because it gives you a more accurate connection/could use it in cause of a large event where I need to set my flash behind subjects or off to the sides of view.

Additionally all my lenses (except one) are manual everything (focus/aperture) so the camera doesn't register the length of course. Will this cause the trigger not to work or do I just need to manually set it? With TTL will it still do it's thing or is part of that "thing" having the length of the lens?

That shouldn't be a problem.

perfect I’ll google the right name!

Bird Photo's gear list:Bird Photo's gear list
Sony a7R II Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Samyang 50mm F1.4 AS UMC Samyang 100mm F2.8 Macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow