Flash compatibility

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,660
Re: Flash compatibility

Harvey wrote:

I have Good flashers for my Fuji XT one camera. i use the GODOX remote/controller.

I wish to use I wish to use these flashers with my Olympus EM5 camera.

My question is if I bought the Olympus compatible Remote controller for the Olympus camera will it automatically sync and be compatible with these GODOX flashers that I have for my Fuji XT camera.

Yes, it will.

I have a Godox TT685-C (Canon) that I can use with the XPro-O on my GX-7 and the XPro-F on my X100T, as well as the Xpro-C on my 5DMkII.

Since MFT and Fuji support came out at the same time, any flash that can understand one can understand the other.

Godox released brand support in the following order: Canon, Nikon, Sony, MFT/FUji, and Pentax.   If any of your light versions are older than the support you want (i.e., you have a for-Fuji flash, but need to use it with Pentax), then you may have to firmware update the light.  But if you have a newer one, it should support all the older ones (e.g., the Fuji versions already support Canon, Nikon, Sony, and MFT).

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow