I just noticed something

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 4,900
Re: I just noticed something
1

BGD300V1 wrote:

MILC man wrote:

BGD300V1 wrote:

MILC man wrote:

BGD300V1 wrote:

I don't believe that for a minute. I've sold digital images taken with everything from a Coolpix 5700 to my Z7 and a number of DSLRs in between.

you must believe it, because you are making biased brand comparisons that are based on how many pics are posted in one small section of one website only.

what is the point of that? what do you think it proves? how will that help anyone choose a brand of camera to buy?

No, I made that observation on the general sharing forums which would most likely have images from all sorts of cameras and manufacturers.

you still can't explain why it matters, despite several people specifically asking you what your point is.

I haven't made a single comparison between brands. I have not said that any is better than the other. I haven't mentioned any specific aspect of technoloty.

no, you tried to denigrate and trivialize the associated press choice for sony over canikon, with a failed comparison to canon sponsoring the nfl:

"That's marketing and cutting price to get the order so that claims like that can be made."

and: "...You probably throw in a lot of the older models that Sony is still trying to unload. It's still a fact that NIKON had all ten competition slots and half of the gallery slots on this site."

for some odd reason, you are convinced that nikon is better than any other brand because a couple of dozen bad pics show up on dpr.

Once again, I am not comparing the technical specifications of any brand merely pointing out that Nikon photographers have posted more in galleries and competitions on DPReview.

But, the data are so volatile and insignificant as to not mean anything.

When you started this thread a couple of days ago, one of the main points of your post was that 100% of the cameras in the challenges list were Nikon. Already that is down to 60%.

Does it really make sense that more photographers on this site are competing with Nikon D40s than almost any other camera? How do you explain the apparent success and popularity of the Nikon 1 V1 compared to anything Canon has ever made?

The observations in your first post were interesting for sure, but be wary of making too much of them.

There is really no need to be so vehemently defensive. I am not knocking, or even, discussing the differences between brands.

As to products and marketing, Both Sony and Canon had robust video camera markets and Nikon had none. Sonon suddenly leapt into the DSLR video market AFTER Nikon produced the first DSLR with video capability in the D90.

-- hide signature --

I'm a photographer, Jim, not a graphic artist!
My photo blog: http://birdsnbugs.com
RF Stock Portfolio - http://www.dreamstime.com/resp129611

-- hide signature --

"You should take photos of whatever you want. That's punk" - Joe Strummer

 New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D50 Canon EOS 550D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Fujifilm X-T1 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow