KP features I'd like to see in the K-new

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bob5050 Senior Member • Posts: 1,879
KP features I'd like to see in the K-new

I was looking at the KP features today and noticed it offers Dof and Motion bracketing.

What they look like to me is a more accessible approach to the Program Line setting in my K-3, which allows biasing the cameras exposure algorithm.

I wonder about a different approach yet: making DoF and shutter speed biasing work essentially like an EV adjustment: rather than having to switch the camera to aperture or shutter priority, leave it in P, but tell the camera "I want DoF +3" to bias its P solution. Might be nice, even if you then tweak if further.

KP owners--do you use these bracketing features? What would you think of an EV-like approach?

-- hide signature --

bob5050
I just hope that everyone who's complained about the k-new delay actually buys one. One wonders, otherwise, about the sincerity of their complaints.

bob5050's gear list:bob5050's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +4 more
Pentax K-3 Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow