Best used SLR for ‘newbie’ D7000, 7100, 7200, 7500 or other?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Autonerd Senior Member • Posts: 1,350
Re: Best used SLR for ‘newbie’ D7000, 7100, 7200, 7500 or other?

DTA wrote:

I liked the feel of the Nikon and at the time it felt better in the hand than the Canon which is why I’ve asked about the Nikons but I am open to a switch

Cue the non-informed answer!

I haven't shot with any of these cameras (SFX: sad trombone) but it was the line above that inspired me to reply. If your aim is to grow your skill set, starting with a camera you know and feel comfortable and familiar with is your best bet. Pretty much all SLRs take decent pictures and if your goal is to learn, heck, you could do that with my ancient Pentax K100D.

I say go with the most cost-effective option (more money for lenses!), learn what it can teach you, and after a while you'll get a feel for whether or not you need to upgrade.

FWIW I haven't felt the need to upgrade my digicam in the last 5 years. I can still get great images with it. I also shoot film, and my 45-year-old Pentax KX remains my favorite.

HTH

Aaron

PS -- posting this makes me think I ought to dust off the K100D and see what kind of images I can get with it.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
Bob
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow