Validating my choice

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kane7778 New Member • Posts: 1
Validating my choice

Hi community,

I am pretty much a total newbie to the hobby; I had an introduction class some years back and didn’t pursue the hobby. Now that I have my first child on the way I have some motivation to get back into the hobby to take some great souvenir shot.

I guess you can tell what my use case will be, but other then taking picture of the baby and familly, I was always interested in macro photography. I will also be taking landscape photo (nature and city) and some of a pretty energetic and fast-moving dog. I will also use the camera to take some video.

After doing some searching the camera, I am thinking of buying is the Canon EOS SL3. From what I read I think this would be a good starting point, but I was wondering if there were better bang for the buck option out there.

https://gosselinphoto.ca/en/canon-sl3-18-55mm-is-stm-f-4-black-3453c002?gclid=CjwKCAjw2dD7BRASEiwAWCtCb5R2n_kM4nqSoQW4ALF1v7LDlNunbDRD7ECXQEDXYyCP_7NUjjTL5xoCXhEQAvD_BwE

Down the line, I was thinking of getting the Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens for macro photography.

Thanks for the help

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow