Does Godox X1N TTL Flash Trigger Set work with Sony flashes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bird Photo New Member • Posts: 12
Does Godox X1N TTL Flash Trigger Set work with Sony flashes

As the title states:

Does Godox X1N TTL Wireless Flash Trigger Set work with sony flashes

From my understanding this answer is YES but I was struggling to confirm that completely.

My HVL20 just died on me and I'd like to now switch to a radio trigger system.  That way I can use both flashes off camera with confidence.  I have a HVL 60 and 43 and want to insure if I got this that it would communicate between both flashes and camera.

From my understanding, radio trigger is better than line of sight because it gives you a more accurate connection/could use it in cause of a large event where I need to set my flash behind subjects or off to the sides of view.

Additionally all my lenses (except one) are manual everything (focus/aperture) so the camera doesn't register the length of course.  Will this cause the trigger not to work or do I just need to manually set it?  With TTL will it still do it's thing or is part of that "thing" having the length of the lens?

Thank you

Bird Photo's gear list:Bird Photo's gear list
Sony a7R II Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Samyang 50mm F1.4 AS UMC Samyang 100mm F2.8 Macro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow