X100V Lensmate Thumb Grip Review

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrHollywood
MrHollywood Senior Member • Posts: 3,189
X100V Lensmate Thumb Grip Review

Lensmate Thumb Grip - Review

So here's another pricy little item for the X100V and I initially planned to pass on it, but after overpaying for a lens hood, I figured, "Why stop being stupid when I'm so good at it?"

So 60 bucks later... the Lensmate Thumb Grip (It's really a "rest") was sitting in front of me.It comes in a pretty box and presentation matters for things that are overpriced. The good news is that it's VERY well made. It fits snugly and the hinge is buttery smooth. Nice.

The rest area has a small rubber pad and there's also a rubber stopper on the underside to protect the camera. The only issue is that it does block the rear command dial to the point that I typically flip the rest back to access it. I don't think it slows me down in actual shooting, so it only bothered me for a few minutes until I adapted to it. Overall this is the most comfortable thumb grip/rest/hotel you'll ever use. It's like a thumb vacation and your other thumb will be very jealous and likely protest.

Is it worth 60 bucks? I'd have to say YES because it's the best of the group, but the price is rather silly, even if the little box it comes in has a magnetic closure. I've spent far more on bad dinners with bad people that gave me bad gas.     **** 1/2 (out of 5)

Robert

-- hide signature --

"We need a bigger boat."

MrHollywood's gear list:MrHollywood's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow