Deciding on a Normal to Complement or Replace 35/2

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Portion Control Forum Member • Posts: 83
Deciding on a Normal to Complement or Replace 35/2

I have a 35/2 and a 14/2.8. My 23/2 bit the dust sadly and I eventually want to replace it with an X100V so not interested in a new 23 right now.

The 14 is really a super sharp lens. My 35 is less so but maintains good IQ in the central part of the frame. Corners are less impressive even stopped down. I do a lot of walk-around landscape and while my 35 is good for people and low light situations I’m not fully satisfied with it as a go-along normal. It doesn’t match the biting sharpness of the 14.

I like the true/slightly wide normal look of the 23-27mm, but I can deal with a 35. So as it is I’m not sure if I should keep the 35/2 and pick up the 27/2.8, or sell the 35/2 and pick up a 35/1.4.

The deciding factor would be sharpness across the frame at 2.8-4-5.6. Is the 27 an improvement over the 35/2 in this respect? Or is the 35/1.4 that much better?

I don’t consider Fuji or third party review MTF charts to be the final word on this. Need real life user opinions.

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
rlx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow