Finally ready to buy my first mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. Why should I buy an OM-D?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DByaka New Member • Posts: 6
Finally ready to buy my first mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. Why should I buy an OM-D?

Hello, Oly community!

I am looking for a little nudge... I have owned a few Olympus cameras, including E-520 and E-5 and loved them dearly. For various reasons, I haven't switched yet from a DSLR to mirrorless. Now I am realizing that because of the size and weight of my E-5 I am not taking it on trips with me as often as before. It is time to finally make a transition to a mirrorless camera and because of my experience with Olympus systems, this is the first brand I am considering - I love the SLR-like look and feel, build quality, and IBIS of the OM-D cameras. But I am yet to find a "best camera for ..." review where an Olympus OM-D is rated higher than the competition. This is why I am also seriously considering Fujifilm X-T3 and Sony a6600.

I don't care for video or high MP count and am planning on using my future new mirrorless camera mostly for travel stills and portraits. Willing to pay up to $1.5K for body, then go crazy with the lenses.

I understand that there are lots of opinions but I hope to hear from Olympus fans why an OM-D system (OM-D E-M5 III or OM-D E-M1 Mark III?) is what I should go with.

Thank you!

Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-520 (EVOLT E-520) Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 III Sony a6600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow