XF 100-400 is such a great lens!

Started 3 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mike lix Contributing Member • Posts: 981
XF 100-400 is such a great lens!

I am a prime lens enthusiast. Sometimes I even think I should only shoot with primes. Bucause of image quality, better sharphess, smoother background, faster aperture... But then I always rediscover how indispensable the XF 100-400 zoom is for me!

I use it no more than 15 times a year, but every time  I find out that I can´t live without it.

For example, a puppy (and its owners, of course ) from our kennel comes to visit us. And I need to capture it - not only for the joy, but also as a part of promotion of our breeding. And the whole range of the 100-400mm is just fabulous, some photos are shot at 400mm and on the top of that I crop them quite a bit, some are shot at 100mm... Would I be able to capture it all with XF 200/2? Well, some of the shots yes, but not all of them. I would miss so many interesting moments! Not even 50-140/2.8 (while being a zoom, too) would not be sufficient for lots of the shots.

Everytime I use the XF 100-400, I realize it´s so often not about the extra little bit of sharpness, not about the smoother background. It´s about the content of the photos, the moments. And the XF 100-400 is such a great lens for such shooting!

If you want, here´s a link to a small gallery from recent ´meeting of two siblings´ from our kennel, Kaia lives with us and Beegee came to visit us, they are still puppies:

https://www.crazyeyebulls.eu/en/beegee-and-kaia/

Kaia on the left, her brother Beegee on the right.

-- hide signature --

www.instagram.com/michal.placek.fotograf
www.facebook.com/michal.placek.fotograf
500px.com/mikepl500px

mike lix's gear list:mike lix's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow