E-M1 Mk III - CAF + Tracking ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,368
Re: E-M1 Mk III - CAF + Tracking ?

Interceptor121 wrote:

gary0319 wrote:

I have tried the tracking on both the E-M1 II and III and found no appreciable advantage with the Mark III

I actually don’t use the tracking because I have found that using C-AF with all 121 focus points hot is super reliable, more so than using a smaller grid pattern with tracking.

This image is one from a multi shot burst, C-AF with all focal points, and the Mark III picked it pretty clean from the background, I think. This is what I have come to expect.

Nice shot! Do you have situations however where using the whole matrix ends up in the camera missing entirely the first shot? I have had a lot of that with birds in the sky and I use a smaller grid in the centre

No...

Actually, I too had been using the 3x3 grid or the 5x5 grid and now find that by using the entire 121 point focusing points and letting the camera do the job, I have almost an instant lock on the bird. Maybe that says something about me lacking the ability to sometimes get a smaller grid over the bird for the first shot.

gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow