Olympus 14-42mm EZ zoom problem

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 18,281
Olympus 14-42mm EZ zoom problem

Today I mounted my Olympus 14-42mm EZ on my E-M10II and used it a bit. It has been a few months since I last used it, but it was always just fine before. Today though I noticed several zoom problems:

• Previously it had always powered on at 14mm, but now when I power on it is often at 42mm or some other focal length. Not always though. It is not necessarily the last focal length used before power off either. Seems rather random.
  • Sometimes when turning the zoom ring nothing happens. I let go and try again and usually it will zoom then.
  • Sometimes when zooming it will zoom part of the way, hesitate, and then continue zooming.

I also tried the lens on my PEN-F today and see the same strange behavior. As I said, the lens was fine the last time I used it. It has been in a drawer and has never been wet, dropped, or abused. Looks new. I take care of my stuff. I bought it new with the E-M10II as a kit in 2015 the first day it was available here in Japan.

Any ideas?

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow