Need advice: panasonic TZ200 or Sony RX100VII

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Inge1 Regular Member • Posts: 318
Need advice: panasonic TZ200 or Sony RX100VII

It has been a while since I posted something but really need your advice.

I am currently looking into trading in my panny FZ2500 and am looking into 2 camera's: 1 being the Sony RX100markVII and the other the Panny TZ200. The reason I am looking into a smaller camera is that I am preparing for a RTW tour by bike (in about 2 years time) and try to reduce as much weight as I can. I like my 2500 but saving roughly 700 grams on camera kit is worth it for me to go for a smaller but good quality camera.

I like the menu structure within panny cameras but am not familiar with Sony menustructure - all I know from reading is that it is less intuitive.

What I would like your advice on is which camera to go for. I know that the Panny has more zoom than Sony but is slightly heavier due to the extra zoom. Though for animal photography the extra zoom will be handy. Quality of images apparently lies very close together though since the Sony is the newer camera of the two I suspect that a newer chip has been used compared to the Panny. The big advantage, I think but maybe I am wrong, is the flip up touch screen which the Panny does not have.

Price wise the Sony is twice as expensive as the Panny - I do not mind paying that as long as it is really worth it.

So please help me out to make a well-informed choice. Any and all thoughts are very welcome. Also if  their is any info that an updated TZ200 is in the making. I can afford to wait a bit before buying one.

I also posted this on the Sony forum but value your advice as fellow Panny users a lot.

-- hide signature --

Happy owner of Panasonic FZ2500/FZ2000

Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow