Most Common Aspect Ratio for Print ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JaySun17
JaySun17 Regular Member • Posts: 195
Most Common Aspect Ratio for Print ?

Earlier today I was at a public garden to try and compose some Japanese-style scenes, and ended up shooting a couple of girls (full consent - I offered, they accepted). Haven't thought about doing portraits before today, but my general mindset when going out with the camera is to roll with whatever presents itself, even if it was unplanned.

So I'm home now and looking forward to doing some processing, but not sure of what the girls will even do with them. I'm across the aspect ratios for web publishing & social, but how about for printing ? 
Is there a 'most common' aspect ratio for prints these days ? I would like to settle on just one, and crop for both landscape and portrait orientation. 
The big-box office & print stores here seem to offer several print sizes, and the following ratios

3:2

5:7

4:5

3:4

So I'm asking myself 'is there a standard', or is it 'whatever the processer decides' ? I'm not ashamed to admit that I've left plenty of room for cropping.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow