Best AF settings for people A7Rii

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JamminHyaku
JamminHyaku Regular Member • Posts: 331
Best AF settings for people A7Rii

What settings do say youtubers use to record themselves? I might be recording someone on a stage doing a presentation, and I am not very familiar with movie settings as I only do stills.

I believe I have it on flexible spot right now and it seems to follow me pretty good, but it will lose focus as soon as you leave the spot. Same for center focus. Wide doesn't seem to know exactly what to focus on, so everything is kind of half in focus. Zone might be the best bet, but it still wanders and isn't quite sure alot.

What cameras are capable of face tracking/continuous eye AF in video mode, since mine does not support it? People on stage walk around and move and what not, and id rather not have to stand behind the camera and manual focus for 30-60 minutes straight. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

JamminHyaku's gear list:JamminHyaku's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 FE +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow