Viltrox 56mm F1.4

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cossio
Cossio Regular Member • Posts: 106
Viltrox 56mm F1.4

just got this little guy in the mail. After listening to several reviews and whatever little bit of online material there is readily available now on the lens here is 1 maybe 2 call outs that I don’t remember it being called out.

1. LENS HOOD PROVIDED: Im the kind of guy that buys a Filter UV to protect front element from dust ,scratches etc...I’ve been buying filters from K&F Concept on Amazon. Inexpensive , they work well and I haven’t had any issues with IQ and they are very thin low profile. When I installed this filter on I quickly realized that the lens hood won’t fit back on if the filter is not exactly the same thickness of threading. This filter has jagged edges for grip so you can screw on and off and they are tiny. Use this filter on all my Fuji lenses and no issue with lens hood. However the viltrox hood that’s metal is nice but can’t use it with the filter. Not sure if anyone has already experienced this? I’m on the road and can provide pictures to show examples tomorrow. 
  2. The lens doesn’t adjust exposure as quickly as my F2 primes from Fuji ... using an XT2 and I took some shots outside as the sun was going down and you can hear the aperture blades trying to adjust based on the lighting condition of what the lens was pointed at. When looking on the screen you can see the exposure jumps (kind of like Flickering) nothing serious I’m sure it can be fixed with firmware update but something I noticed right off the bat.

out side of that the lens indeed is sharp and love that it’s much lighter than the native 56 Fuji. It’s one of the reasons I love the F2 primes so much is they are light and small. So this fits in that category for me. Happy to have a 56 f1.4 that doesn’t break the bank nor weigh a lot for those long hand holding situations

Cossio's gear list:Cossio's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow