Not too fond review of R6?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Mic Wolf New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Not too fond review of R6?

Master619 wrote:

pekr wrote:

I am watching Potato Jet and liking his reviews. This time, he reviews R6 (though from the video point of view) and I am kind of negatively surprised about the following issues:

- The color balance compared to EOS R is imo shifted too much towards the warmer colors

- What is the autofocus doing at 7:52?

- Camera freezing and lost footage? 6:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNIyDK3s9Y

As a photographer, I do care most about the AF issue. Anyone else noticing so much of a camera hunting? Even if his face was framed in a greed box (according to his words), the focus was off.

/Petr

Don't get me wrong, I like Potato Jet's contents (I subscribed to his channel). But in this video maybe his unit (and/or the lens) was somehow faulty.

- color balance issue: really weird considering none of the other youtubers has such issues (maybe camera conspiracy but even then it's just a bit difference between R5 and R6). This much difference should have been a fault somewhere (maybe his unit, maybe something with the lighting / angle, some misconfiguration...). Most other youtubers find the colors just as pleasing, if not better, than previous generations.

- AF: could also be a faulty R6 unit, or even the lens' fault. Or a very edge case (the subject was having his eyes closed there which makes it a bit harder than average for the camera to detect the eyes). I take it that you shoot mainly photos and not much video? My R6 has been flawless with eye AF across 4 photoshoots (2 of which being cosplay events where I don't have any set up and just catch the moments of different people, some even with heavy make up / one eye hidden behind the hair,...). Those was with the 70-200 ii and 85mm 1.4 through adapter, so I imagine native RF glass can only perform better.

- No guess about the freezing though.

I've seen a few other YouTuber's with similar problems concerning the R6 color balance and a number of channels who have had issues with the focusing.  In some cases, it can be flat out terrible for both the R6 and R5!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jx9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow