using a grey card/setting white balance

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LMorris1 New Member • Posts: 6
using a grey card/setting white balance

Hi

hoping you can help.

Im trying to take product photographs of furniture for my website and want them all to look uniform. I normally use auto mode but currently the colour balance looks different across some of them and Im finding it hard to match them up in photoshop.

I've bought a grey card so that I can set the white balance on the camera, however I find that after I have set the WB then take a photo, its always way too dark or bright, I have to move the brightness settings a ridiculous amount, to maximum and its not looking right. ive tried with grey and white side.

Im shooting on a Lumix GX7. I studied photography at college about 10 years ago and can't remember or get my head around shooting manually so Im currently using P mode so that I can set the white balance and brightness and let the camera do the rest, but it's not working for me. I have a small baby and im self employed, I sadly don't have time to try and re-learn how to shoot manually at the moment.

I have 2 bright photography lights set up if that makes any difference.

My website is www.elizabethdotdesign.com if you have time to look at the images and see they're all different colour temperatures.

If you have any advice on how I can get them looking uniform and the colours 'true' so that what im selling isn't misrepresented that would be great. thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow