X100V vs Iphone (not clickbait, quick photo comparison)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MattPointZero
MattPointZero Senior Member • Posts: 1,319
X100V vs Iphone (not clickbait, quick photo comparison)

Despite a declared intention to never get sucked into clickbait nonsense about why your phone replaces your camera, sometimes I have started to convince myself that maybe the differences are so slight with something like iphone vs X100 series that the portability outweighs the IQ - and that I should just run a phone and my full frame rig.

I was sat at Portland Bill (UK) this morning waiting for sun up, and I was glad to get a couple of comparison shots that reminded me such talk is nonsense. Be warned, I am a portrait shooter, not landscapes, generally!

But this was the first time with a new X100V and a peak design travel tripod, and getting IQ that smashes the iphone out of kit that is so light and easy to throw in a coat pocket is hugely gratifying. The X100V is going to be in my pocket or glove box at all times, something I couldn't do with a full frame camera.

Week 2 with the fuji, and loving it! I won't insult you by telling you which shot is which!

Interestingly, the exif says 30 second exposures, but the X100V shots were 8 minute exposures in the dark (with a bit of torchlight painting on the lighthouse)

and something fully cooked, because I liked it (I know many prefer sooc, but hey, each to our own!).

MattPointZero's gear list:MattPointZero's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a7R IV Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow