Camera choices under $200

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wlfpck New Member • Posts: 7
Camera choices under $200

I'm currently looking to get a dedicated stand alone camera.  I've been up to now just been using an iPhone and 3rd party app (Camera +) to take photos.

I'm at the point where I'd like to get a dedicated camera.  I'm setting the budget at $200 since I was originally looking at compact point and shoot cameras but have also now started looking at some bridge cameras.  I'd like to start exploring photography as a hobby and wanted something to "try it out" with before I take the leap and jump into getting a mirrorless or DSLR.  Hence not want to go with a higher cost since the Canon EOS M100 is around $500 with lens on Amazon.  Not sure if this is a good idea?

The camera that I'm currently looking at and debating is the Kodak Propix AZ421.  However, I'm a little hesitant as it only takes up to 32 gb sd card and seems like it is not as popular as the other brands like Sony, Canon, Nikon, etc. So no idea about the quality.

I've also considered the Canon ELPH line and the Sony W800.  However the zoom is not as much as the Bridge cameras though they are more compact.

Any suggestions?

Canon EOS M100 Sony W800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow