DP2Q vs Canon R5

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 17,965
Re: DP2Q vs Canon R5

Scottelly wrote:

Neil-O wrote:

Which is which?

I presumed the Sigma is on the left but if it is I'm surprised how much better those images look compared to the ones on the right.

You can tell by the names Neil. The one on the left has a name that starts with SDIM. That usually indicates it was shot with a Sigma camera. My files begin with SDQH. Usually Merrill files begin with SDIM. I don't know why the SD Quattro H file here begins with SDIM. Maybe that is because the sample image was made when the camera first came on the market, and my camera has newer firmware. Anyway, the image on the right is the one from the Canon. It doesn't look like it was sharpened as much as the image on the left. I think most people oversharpen images from Sigma cameras. In fact, I think Sigma cameras oversharpen the images.

A bit too all-encompassing, Scott.

Although it may well apply to Quattro/SPP6, I showed here long ago that SD1M/SPP5 shows neutral sharpening at about -0.6 in high-res for a good slant-edge.

-- hide signature --

There are more ways to kill a dog than hanging.
English naturalist John Ray, 1678,
Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow