Upgrade planned

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zagito Junior Member • Posts: 25
Upgrade planned

Hi guys and ladies,

I hope you are all fine.

I am struggling in deciding which direction I should upgrade, and I need some external input for maybe some white spots I do not see, that potentially help me out. Also due to covid I am limited to try cameras out.

Currently I am a hobby/free time shooter using a fairly nice build X-M1. I look for landscapes, home - point and shoot (children) and people /situations. Handheld mostly.

What I like about my camera is the form factor/compactness, the x-trans and the screen. Which I'd like to maintain. Lenses are not are real topic for the moment, as I am covered fairly well from 18-55, 27 to 55-200 and looking for a 50/56.

What I definitely am not happy about is the AF performance and AF precision (and missing colour chrome)

Now, I was looking for these options :

- used X-E3 (similar form factor /missing modular screen). Minimal investment, as it is as well a handling upgrade

- used X-T30 (maintain goodies). Not so sure about the holding on hand experience due to compactness.

- new/used X-T3 (make a jump). Even though I miss ibis and I have my reserves for the SLR style.

Thank you for taking the time to read

zagito's gear list:zagito's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50) Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow