DSLR liveview question from a photography point of view

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
twan Senior Member • Posts: 2,542
DSLR liveview question from a photography point of view

I currently have a fuji X-t2 and because an upgrade to the X-T4 isn't cheap, switching to a modern fullframe camera is still an option to consider.

looking to Nikon, a Z6 or D780 are 2 valid options for me. I like the handling of the D780 but with a dslr there is something I don't understand well. Reviews of the D780 say it has the same AF system of the Z6 when in live view mode. But live view is my main doubt here.

Why would live view has an amazing fast AF performance? I can only think of using it when doing landscape photography from a tri-pod so why would I need it? I don't see myself carrying my heavy DSLR 40cm in front of my face and doing fast shooting like BIF's or wildlife.

This this a true understanding of when using live view?

I don't do video by the way

twan's gear list:twan's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow