Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Sbarnaveli Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

cba_melbourne wrote:

Sbarnaveli wrote:

I was actually not planning to buy any more lenses and be happy with my 1.8s, but ................

The 1.2 lens is free to you. But nobody says you have to keep it. Especially not if you are never going to use it because it it is too big and heavy compared to your 1.8s. Get the 1.2 one that is most in demand, and sell it. You won't get near list price, but whatever you get makes the new camera cheaper by as much as you get for the lens. You should be able to get grey import price for it. My 2c.

Then, one day there may be a lens that you really fancy, or another accessory. And you will be glad you have the money in the bank to buy it, and not an 1.2 lens in the cupboard gathering dust and losing value for nothing.

I agree. I was also thinking of just getting the 45mm and selling it, but then I realized, that I didn't buy 1.2s before because they were expensive. But if I had them, I would definitely make use of them one way or another. So they're definitely not going to gather dust. It was this deal of getting a new EM1 (which I was still planning to buy) with 5 year warranty (very useful for peeling of rubbers on the handle) cheaper than the used ones + a new 1.2 lens with warranty also cheaper than the used ones, I decided to go for it.

As I already have all the accessories, I would prefer to make use of the new lens and find the one that can actually improve some areas of my photography (sure, it's the photographer that matters, but if you have a better gear, you can in principle achieve more (or the same, but significantly less effort)). So, I decided to keep whichever lens I get.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow