Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Sbarnaveli Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

allematic wrote:

Like you, I like enviromental portraits and the slight subject separation in them, I love manual lenses, I enjoy absurd amounts of bokeh found in longer lenses and I adore the Voigtlanders. If I was you, I would choose the 17mm f1.2 pro lens. The Voigtlander lenses are magical but you won't get one for free. Besides, the m-mount Voigts are better value than the m43 ones. Lighter, smaller, with better background separation and with similar pricing. But you will need a separate FF body for them.

Thanks! Yeah, I agree with your reasoning. And selling the Pro and then buying the Voigtlander is just too much of a hassle, in my opinion and 1.2->0.95 difference shouldn't be thaaaat dramatic either, I think. And although I'm fine with manual focus and can live with it, I much prefer autofocus on my main lenses. I do have vintage lenses that I love to use and it gives a different feeling when you work with manual lenses that are also well built, but I would strongly prefer to have an autofocus. Ok, if there's no other choice than to have 17mm in MF, I'm fine with that, but as 17mm pro is available, I do think that it is a way more practical choice as well (and lighter).

Maybe one day I'll be very rich and add Leica system for these feelings and nice manual lenses (as I don't see any other practical reasons to go for Leica other than for a nice shooting experience and the joy of working with products of a very high quality mechanical engineering, which I appreciate), but currently still in my PhD stage, so a bit early to think about that for me

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow