Why do I keep being recommended OM-D E-M1 Mark 3?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nebell Regular Member • Posts: 304
Why do I keep being recommended OM-D E-M1 Mark 3?

I shoot motorsport and occasionally macro.

I have A7R IV with Sigma 100-400 f5 - f6.3, sigma 35mm f1.4, Sony 135mm F1.8 GM and Sony 90mm f2.8 macro.

It's a great system. But I've been thinking to downgrade to a cheaper system and yet a lot of people recommend me Olympus MFT.

I've been checking out some Olympus lenses and those 40-150 f2.8 (80-300 FF equivalent) look interesting. I'm also interested in a system that is not too small and not too big.

I value image quality, auto focus speed and hate grain, and yes, I'm a cropping pixel peeper type. And while A7R IV with 61mpix is a monster of a camera, anything higher than 100 ISO on that camera is too grainy to me (it does have worse ISO than comparable cameras because of its high resolution).

So am I going to be disappointed by the image quality compared to FF system/lenses?

Nebell's gear list:Nebell's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS
Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow