Any serious cyclist AND photographer here?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 5,977
Re: Any serious cyclist AND photographer here?

I ride 20-30miles I live close to the North Yorkshire Moor's National park, for cycling I Have a Olympus E-M10mk2. with the 14-42mm EZ collapsible zoom, this fits into one of the 3 rear pockets of a cycling jersey. I am often riding on my own so I can easily stop lean my bike against a wall and shoot, I have tried several ways to carry the gear and this is for me the best method. I have used a D300 with 10-24mm in a saddle bag and find the extra steps required to stop and take a photo to sometimes stop me from doing so, and of course it is heavier. I tried a Nikon V1 but the image quality is not up to m4/3 for other uses ,( I always carry a small camera around with me) I used a Olympus E-PL8 but the lack of a viewfinder made me change to the E-M10, Pack it in a plastic freezer bag to stop condensation on a hot day from your sweat. In a bike you often ride down narrow lanes or through places where you probably would never drive a car. There are also other small m4/3 lenses that can be carried around with you.

Easby Hall church Nr Great Ayton. shot through the Locked gates it's private property.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow