Help with Nikon D90 stuck in LV Mode

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jlanders New Member • Posts: 1
Help with Nikon D90 stuck in LV Mode

I was hoping someone would be able to help figure out a way to get the Nikon D90 out of LV Mode. I was shooting video with the D90 when the battery died. When I put a fresh battery back in the camera, it would not work.

When taking off the lens you can see the mirror is stuck halfway between the top and the bottom. However you can push it up or down, but it will snap back to the middle when you let go.

I am getting and Err on the top LCD, but all of the menus are working on the back LCD. Mirror Lock is grayed out.

Pushing the shutter button will not work to release the mirror, and all I can hear inside is a faint hum. I can tell it wants to take a photo, but it seems to be stuck in the Live View Mode for some reason. The LV button does nothing when pushed.

I did hook it up to a computer through USB and tried to control it that way, but did not work. Trying to activate Live View through the Smart Shooter 4 tethering program gives the hum, so I can tell it's communicating with the camera. Also trying to shoot a picture with the tethering app will produce the same hum.

Does anyone know of a way to get into the camera's system and reset it to factory? I tried the two button reset, but the camera does not respond to that.

By the way, I also have an unrelated  issue with the camera, when the memory card is inserted and the camera is turned off, there is a green light constantly blinking. I have looked for answers on that as well, but never found anything. It seems I can just eject the card or take the battery out to prevent it from draining.

Any help would be appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow