My olympus ORF raw files won't load into lightroom, accidently associated file with faststone

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 4,218
My olympus ORF raw files won't load into lightroom, accidently associated file with faststone

When I moved some raw files of the SD card onto my laptop I noticed the file extension didn't say .ORF anymore but says " ORF Faststone". I have Faststone image viewer program on my lap top and use it to view the raw files. When I went to import them into Lightroom instead of having previews of each one in the import window it says something like "No preview available" then when I hit import it comes back saying can't import the files.

I'm guessing somehow at some point I associated the ORF file to be opened with Faststone when clicked on and now lightroom doesn't like the file extension now. I don't know how or what to change it back to, when I open the properties box and click on the change association button it wants me to pick another app, the ORF file wasn't actually associated with an app before but I don't see that as an option.

Any ideas to get lightroom to like my ORF files again?

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow