Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron@Utah Senior Member • Posts: 1,624
Re: Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

for Hiking? I wouldn't pick either of those and would go with one of the RX100 smaller cameras probably one that has the 24-240mm equiv lens

small light very good image quality with the 1 inch sensor I have been very impressed with mine I have owned a couple of them and they never let me down

they are no wildlife setup though but very good for all the other stuff

I recently downsized weight wise that is to smaller lighter system of the A7III with the Tamron 2.8 trio 17-28mm 28-75mm & 70-180mm and have been very happy  but even then I would never go hiking with all of that gear but other younger venturers would probably not even blink at taking it all

If I did a lot of hiking I would be getting one of the superzoom and maybe a couple of small light primes such as the 20mm 1.8 for wide stuff and any night work you wanted to do as well

for me its about enjoying the outdoors and if my body is in pain from packing a bunch of gear up a mountain at the end of the day that's just not worth it for me any longer

-- hide signature --

Mac OS X: Because making UNIX user friendly was easier than fixing Windows.

Aaron@Utah's gear list:Aaron@Utah's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Sony a6100 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow